Developed by Devon Deaf and Hearing Impairment Team with BSL graphics by Cath Smith.
This STUDENT Book accompanies the Early Years Curriculum TUTOR BOOK and is required course material for all those attending the courses in Early Years settings – developed and piloted over a 2 and a half year period, primarily by Deaf tutors for Deaf tutors in education – a much-needed resource.
Designed for a 10-week course of 1 hour or 5 weeks of 2 hours of BSL training for Nurseries, Families, and Primary Settings.
The separate Tutor book includes detailed course outlines, plans and materials.
The carefully planned curriculum covers:
- Code of conduct for students and tutor.
- Basic BSL linguistics.
- Development of storytelling skills.
- A structured framework to follow week by week.
- Cue cards and dialogue sheets.
- Sign vocabulary sheets in topics.
- Signs and phrases for early years settings including Greetings, People, Family, Colours, Questions, Animals, Time, Numbers, Toys, Weather, Clothes, School signs and Christmas.
The book contains the necessary worksheets and reminder sheets with hundreds of illustrated signs.
Also available on Kindle £5.99.